Ikata has the following policies regarding the collection, use, and management of personal information.
- What is personal information?
- Personal information is any information regarding an individual, such as name, birthday, etc., that can be used (whether alone or in conjunction with other information) to identify that particular individual.
- Restrictions on collecting personal information
- When personal information is collected through the Town of Ikata Website, the purpose of said collection will first be made clear to the user, and the data collected will be restricted to only that which is necessary for the stated purpose.
- Restrictions on usage and sharing of personal information
- The personal information collected will not be used for anything other than the stated purpose, and will not be released to outside groups.
- Accuracy and safety assurance
- We strive to keep collected personal information as accurate and up-to-date as possible, within the boundaries necessary for the stated purpose under which the information was gathered. Further, to prevent leaking, loss of, or damage to personal information, in addition to enacting appropriate maintenance procedures, we will quickly and securely delete said data when it is no longer necessary for the stated purpose.