Come join the Sadamisaki Adventure Club as we decorate hina dolls (雛人形 hina ningyō) in preparation for Girls’ Day! The dolls represent the Emperor, Empress, and courtiers of Heian-era Japan, and are ornately clothed, decorated, and arranged on a multi-tiered stand according to rank. Help us prepare for this long-standing yearly tradition while learning about Japanese history.
- February 10, 2008 (Sunday)
- From 1pm
- Machimi Local History Museum (map)
- Take Route 197 from Yawatahama into Ikata
- Take a right after the Kuchō Tunnel
- Follow the road down into Kuchō, along the coast into Futami. The museum is on the right.
If you’re interested in going, please contact us!