Construction of Ikata’s new Kamegaike Onsen facility is finally complete! As of August 19th the spring is open to the public, so come on down and enjoy a relaxing soak.
While the previous bathhouse left something to be desired, the new facility is absolutely gorgeous! It boasts:
- a large communal bath (pictured above-right)
- foot baths (free!)
- roten-buro outdoor bath
- ganban’yoku bedrock bath
- baths in unique containers: giant barrels (pictured below-right), or giant ceramic bowls!
- private baths for families (reservation required)
- private handicapped-accessible baths (reservation required)
- the Furusato Restaurant, within the facility
Pricing is as follows:
|Regular baths||Adults (13+)||¥500||¥600|
|Infants (Under 3)||Free|
|Family / handicapped-
|Spring water for purchase||¥100 / 100 liters|
To get to the Kamegaike Onsen, take Route 197 from Yawatahama into Ikata. Take a left toward Futami after you pass the Kirara-kan on your right (map).